National AGM & Members’ Day 5th November 2016
This year the National Butterfly Conservation AGM & Members Day is returning to The Nottingham Belfry Hotel, 5th November. This will be the second time the branch has hosted the National AGM, the previous occasion was in 2012 at the same venue.
The day start with registration and refreshments at 9.30am. Full details were provided in a flyer sent out to all Butterfly Conservation Members. Here are a few highlights:
- Conserving threatened butterflies in the Wyre Forest; Dr Jenny Joy, Senior Regional Officer for the West Midlands.
- Milestones in the history of Butterfly Conservation; Dr Martin Warren, Chief Executive.
- 40 years of the UK Butterfly Monitoring Scheme; Dr Tom Brereton, Head of Monitoring.
- Engaging your people with nature; Apithanny Bourne, East Scotland Branch.
- Branch Raffle & March Awards
- What’s in a name? the origins of butterfly names; Peter Marren, author of Rainbow Dust: Three Centuries of Delight in British Butterflies
Finishing at 5pm.